AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Transducer Assembler III
Performs a wide variety of electronic production assembly operations of a semi-skilled nature to build and assemble ultrasonic sensors. Prepares and solders ceramic elements for basic assembly use.
- Observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling, equipment, and to the use of
chemicals including, but not limited to isopropyl alcohol, flux, solder and epoxies.
- Verifies BOM and manufacturing work instructions for each housing, cable, ceramic or laminated assembly. Verifies materials to BOM, work instruction
and training requirements.
- Solders laminations and ceramic preps into/onto housings and back plates per schedule at established standard rates.
- Uses cable strippers and fingers to remove outer jacket from cable as required. Measure and cut wires to length using caliper.
- Tins each wire using flux and dips into solder pot.
- Places housing in fixed vice as required.
- Uses automated test system and/or tests each unit with appropriate test adapter for all functions using the digital short tester and meters per BOM.
- Tins wires and solders wires to PCBA as detailed on Work Instructions.
- Identifies completed products with part numbers and revision.
- Troubleshoots rejected products to identify root cause.
- Per BOM, uses automated test systems and/or tests each unit with appropriate test adapter.
- Completes all required paperwork at the end of each work day, such as daily labor sheets and non-conforming cards.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Performs other related duties as may be required or directed.
Cable strippers, cutters, needle nose plyers, soldering pot, and soldering iron.
Soldering skills, electrical assembly, testing and ability to read and comprehend BOMS, work instructions and prints. Computer literate,
- Excellent time management skills, accuracy, thoroughness and dexterity.
- Attention to details.
- Computer literate, basic math skills and ability to read and understand the function of a standard ruler.
- Ability to access BOMS and Work Instructions on line.
- Active listener, strong communication skills and attentive to detail.
- Consistently achieve and exceed production standards and 5S quality standards.
High School education or equivalent experience. Two or more years’ relevant experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the functions of the job.
1. Physical requirement includes: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on
knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to
press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw,
drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move horizontally from position
to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
2. Ability to lift and move a minimum of 20lbs, several times daily.
3. Ability to wear protective clothing such as safety glasses.
4. Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
5. Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
6. Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.