AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
TRANSDUCER ASSEMBLER II
Under general supervision, performs electronic production assembly operations of a repetitive nature to build up and assemble ultrasonic sensors. Prepares and solders ceramic elements for basic assembly use. Observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling and equipment and applicable to the use of chemicals including isopropyl alcohol, flux, solder and epoxies.
- Assembles 3 to 8 wire plastic and bronze transducers, preparing the ceramic and housings as required per BOM, at established standard rates.
- Uses cable strippers and fingers to remove outer jacket using cable strippers.
- Tins each wire using flux and dips wire into solder pot.
- Places housing in fixed vice.
- Uses needle nose pliers and solders tip to melt bare wire into housing.
- Solders each wire into proper position.
- Labels all unit with tracking label which is identified with a designated color or initial 6 to 8 inches from the transducer end unless otherwise noted.
- Reviews BOMs and work instructions at the start of each job scheduled for the week.
- Applies hot glue or glue to ceramics or housings as required.
- Per BOM, uses automated test systems and/or tests each unit with appropriate test adapter for all functions using the digital short tester and meters.
- Completes all required paperwork at the end of each workday such as production postings, daily labor sheets, non-conforming material cards.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area.
- Performs other related duties as may be required or directed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School education or equivalent experience.
- 1 to 2 years related soldering experience, preferably as Transducer Assembler I.
- Able to read and/or comprehend English work instructions.
- Basic math skills and ability to read and use a standard ruler.
- Basic computer skills helpful but not mandatory.
- Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the functions of the job.
- The ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as safety glasses.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy work load.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com
AIRMAR Technology Corporation is a world leader in the design and manufacture of sensing technology for marine and industrial applications. Established in Amherst, New Hampshire in 1982, the Company's product line has grown to include advanced ultrasonic transducers, flow sensors, WeatherStation® instruments, and electronic compasses used for a wide variety of applications including fishing, navigation, meteorology, survey, level measurement, process control, and proximity sensing. Airmar’s headquarters are located in Milford, New Hampshire, with distribution offices in Lake City, South Carolina; and Saint Malo, France. Airmar continues to expand our product lines and Technology Corp.