AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Team Lead – Second Shift (3:00 PM - 11:30 PM)
Under minimal supervision assists Production Supervisors with 2nd shift work responsibilities, training and overall functions of production. This is a hands-on position requiring the ability to train and perform manufacturing operations. Knowledge of manufacturing and process improvement tools is needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling and equipment and applicable to the use of chemicals including isopropyl alcohol, flux, solder, glues and epoxies.
- Coordinates activities of employees. Ensures that personnel have required parts, materials, instructions, and required training to efficiently complete assigned work and meet production goals related to Safety, Quality, and Delivery.
- Clearly communicates shift issues including those that are technical, materials, personnel, and scheduling related.
- Teaches and trains assemblers. Sets up stations and provides guidelines and instructions.
- Provides technical and leadership support to the entire 2nd shift.
- Handles personnel situations and communicates them to the proper Supervisor.
- Performs Manufacturing operations and is knowledgeable on all required job functions.
- Supports, facilitates and contributes to product, process and production improvements.
- Works with Production Managers and Supervisors to coordinate and support production schedules.
- Responsible for ensuring employee safety, including safe exit at the end of the shift.
- Shuts down and secures two facilities at the end of the shift. May need to be on call and respond when there is an alarm at one of the facilities.
- Makes decisions on quality of product assembled.
- Completes paperwork as required.
- May enter data into various computer programs.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed.
- Able to interact positively as a team member with co-workers and supervision.
Include but are not limited to reading and comprehension, basic math skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, computer skills. Knowledge of Bill of Materials and Work Instructions required.
Familiarity with computerized inventory systems, Microsoft Word and Excel, and have some mechanical aptitude for operating and performing minor equipment repairs.
EDUCATION/YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
High School/G.E.D or equivalent experience. Three or more years of manufacturing and continuous improvement experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes if required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with computer work, mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy work load.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.