AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
The Staff Accountant will support the Accounting Department in month-end close processes for subsidiaries both foreign and domestic; including the preparation and reconciliation of financial statements. This role will assist the Controller in maintaining accurate financial information and ensuring internal controls are preserved. The Staff Accountant will also support the Sales Department with pricing and sales analysis.
- Perform month end close processes for subsidiaries.
- Responsible for timely and accurate preparation of monthly journal entries and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and analysis for the parent company and subsidiaries, including Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Compile and analyze financial data including; warranty cost trends, obsolete and slow moving inventory, sales trends, shop floor labor variances, project and expense analysis.
- Assist the Controller in preparation of budgets and or forecasting.
- Participate in year-end audit.
- Assist with the implementation of IFS for the subsidiaries.
- Identify and implement opportunities to streamline accounting processes.
- Work closely with the Sales Department to prepare annual price reviews.
- Analyze changes in costed Bills of Material (BOM).
- Analyze low margin products, initiate discussions for cost reduction.
- Support business needs in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting, and strategic analysis as requested.
EDUCATION/YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors in Accounting or Finance. 5+ years of experience. Working in a Manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Experience with foreign currency transactions and multi company environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Cost accounting, budgeting and business forecast modeling is essential.
- Well organized with ability to prioritize.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and problem solving ability.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office applications. Advanced knowledge of Excel is required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals may possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist; bend legs at knee to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as mask, gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with computer use, electromechanical assembly and inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Observe all safety regulations while in the performance of job responsibilities.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com
AIRMAR Technology Corporation is a world leader in the design and manufacture of sensing technology for marine and industrial applications. Established in Amherst, New Hampshire in 1982, the Company's product line has grown to include advanced ultrasonic transducers, flow sensors, WeatherStation® instruments, and electronic compasses used for a wide variety of applications including fishing, navigation, meteorology, survey, level measurement, process control, and proximity sensing. Airmar’s headquarters are located in Milford, New Hampshire, with distribution offices in Lake City, South Carolina; and Saint Malo, France. Airmar continues to expand our product lines and Technology Corp.