AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Software Engineer for Algorithms
We are looking for a Software Engineer with proven work experience in embedded microprocessor systems and algorithm-based software features to design and develop embedded software for Airmar products. The successful candidate will demonstrate adherence to best engineering design practices, show proficiency in writing efficient software for resource-limited platforms, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Design, document, and develop software for embedded real-time microprocessor systems, executing the full software development lifecycle.
- Design, document, and develop embedded algorithm-based product feature software that meets user requirements and delights customers.
- Provide proof-of-concept for algorithm-based feature ideas through rapid prototyping techniques or the use of modelling software such as MatLab.
- Design, document, and develop software tools that support engineering development and test activities as needed.
- Follow and contribute to coding standards, development and release procedures, and other documented processes.
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews, and other forms of collaborative peer review, both as a presenter and a reviewer.
- Openly and actively collaborate as a member of cross-functional development teams and with other software engineers.
- Analyze product, technology, and feature proposals and provide level-of-effort estimates.
- Participate in requirements gathering and analysis by conferring with product, technology, and feature stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Produce software specifications and determine operational feasibility.
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing software systems.
- Perform product, technology, and feature software planning and clearly communicate ideas to stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
EDUCATION/YEARS OF EXERPIENCE:
- Minimum 4-year BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of proven work experience with embedded microprocessor systems as a Software Engineer.
- Minimum 5 years of proven work experience researching, designing, implementing, and testing embedded software algorithms from user requirements.
- Expert in embedded C programming. Experience with C++ and/or ARM Assembly is a plus.
- Strong background in mathematics and engineering sciences. Experience in signal processing is a plus.
- Ability to document and communicate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with algorithmic modelling tools such as MatLab or Mathcad is a plus.
- Ability to speak French with at least limited working proficiency is a plus.
Individuals may possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist; bend legs at knee to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as mask, gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with computer use, electromechanical assembly and inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Observe all safety regulations while in the performance of job responsibilities.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.