AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Under supervision of the Global Supply Chain Manager, responsible for procuring critical materials, equipment and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Purchases printed circuit boards, assemblies and other essential electronics critical to manufacturing and other operations based on MRP demands.
- Secures and analyzes quotations, negotiates prices and terms and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery.
- Develops new supply sources where suppliers are inadequate.
- Participates in cross-functional projects with members of the supply chain staff and other departments.
- Travels to customer and supplier locations as required.
- Participates in team efforts to improve processes and help reduce costs.
- Places orders in accordance with established schedules and department requirements.
- Creates and manages purchase orders in the ERP system.
- Expedites and coordinates all deliveries of materials and supplies required to meet manufacturing schedules.
- Reviews past due purchase orders, reports and takes appropriate action.
- Manages relationships with suppliers and ensures they are meeting delivery and quality objectives
- Responsible for managing inventory levels in line with TOR objectives.
- Interfaces with all key departments throughout the company.
- Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
- Improve and maintain 5S within the department and make suggestions for improvement.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities to improve the efficiency of supply chain operations.
- Makes strategic sourcing decisions to reduce supply chain risks and achieve cost savings.
- Implement strategies to mitigate the impact of tariffs and other logistics charges on the landed cost of materials
- Performs other related duties as required or directed.
- BS degree or equivalent background.
- Five to seven years of supply chain experience in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to read and interpret electronic schematics and mechanical prints.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ERP Systems.
- Three plus years of managerial experience preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- The ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward; use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, grab, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting/standing.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as gloves, safety glasses and/or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.