AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Quality Engineer II
Establishes and maintains product quality from product conception through final test using a variety of methods including, but not limited to, statistical and root cause analysis, visual, mechanical and automated test procedures, and corrective action procedures.
- Observes all safety requirements while in the performance of job responsibilities.
- Support Quality Assurance Manager in establishing and executing yearly quality goals for the department and company on-time and in-budget.
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) with customers to resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Act as Technical Liaison regarding quality issues.
- Participate in ISO 9001 internal audits as team member or lead auditor. Perform in-process quality audits for customers to ensure all requirements are met.
- Manage customer request for supporting documentation including PPAP’s, CAPA, 8D’s environmental declarations, inspection reports, and others.
- Perform root cause and failure analysis investigation to component level on in-process product and field returned material.
- Develop methods to isolate failures to the component level with test and/or process engineering.
- Using component characterization/non-destructive failure analysis, identify failing conditions and collect characterization data.
- Work with engineering and production to develop and implement corrective action plans and verify improvements.
- Report findings in a condensed, informative format.
- Provide support to other internal groups by working with external test facilities in the areas of new product development and failure analysis.
- Able to manage small projects from concept to completion. Including the establishment of a cross-functional team, project leadership, securing equipment or resources as needed, and providing status reports keeping senior management informed.
- Ability to extract, combine and analyze data from multiple systems to identify underlying quality concerns and trending data points.
- Maintain visual acceptance criterial for piece parts and final products. Ensuring production personnel are aware of criteria for accepting or rejecting material.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Materials Science or Physics required. Five years of experience in quality, manufacturing, or process engineering in electronics and/or mechanical manufacturing required. Experience using statistical quality analysis required. Acoustics, Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering background preferred. Strong written and oral technical communication and interpersonal skills required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individual must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with computer work.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.