AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Production Supervisor II
Under the general guidance of direct manager, guides and coordinates activities of a production department, applying knowledge of production methods, processes, manpower, machines and equipment.
While in the performance of job requirements, observes all safety regulations including protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling and equipment, and applicable to the use of chemicals including isopropyl alcohol, flux, solder, ethylene dichloride, glues, epoxies or other chemicals as required. Responsible for training employees in safe chemical handling, work habits, ergonomic posture and set-up, and enforces all safety procedures required to maintain a healthy working environment.
- Effectively communicates with the appropriate department personnel for assistance with engineering, materials, process, equipment, personnel, quality, or other needs.
- Responsible for continuous improvement initiatives within area of control, with special emphasis on safety, quality, delivery, inventory, and productivity.
- Prepares and conducts performance evaluations and participates in creating developmental goals, i.e., productivity, quality and level of service, and monitors progress.
- Conducts interviews for filling vacancies when required.
- Keeps personnel well informed of established policies and procedures and changes as they occur.
- Administers employee counseling and/or corrective action as deemed necessary.
- Maintains employee records with appropriate confidentiality.
- Works with the Production Control team to develop weekly schedules and reports. Assigns scheduled work to members of the team.
- Leads and participates in continuous improvement initiatives including kaizen events, and root cause analyses such as 5 Whys and 8Ds.
- Analyzes routings, productivity and quality trends and defines root cause issues.
- Attends and/or conducts meetings including daily team huddles, gemba, A3 Review meetings, and monthly Production Staff Meetings.
- Maintains an on-going knowledge of new products and processes introduced into the area under supervision.
- Interfaces with multiple disciplines e.g. QA, Engineering, Production Supervisors, to correct deficiencies and implement systems that improve workflow, quality of product, and safety of employees.
- Responsible for accurate inventory within assigned warehouse(s).
- Conducts equipment/process needs analysis and cost analysis Makes recommendations for, and implements, equipment and process improvements. Tracks outcome; production/quality improvement trends and/ or cost savings.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed.
A. S. degree or equivalent background. Five or more years, supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated leadership and organizational ability.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com