MSI TRANSDUCER CORPORATION,
A leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Under general supervision prepares and assembles transducer assemblies including epoxy lamination, soldering, and in process electrical testing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cleans ceramics and solders wires to surfaces as specified.
- Laminates using two part epoxies, pneumatic presses and holding fixtures.
- Tests completed elements as required by BOM.
- Assembles transducers using available hand or pneumatic tools and fixtures.
- Completes final assembly of transducers per BOM including wiring, accessory installation and testing.
- Follows work instructions to determine what is required for each assembly.
- Attention to detail regarding condition of parts. Notifies supervisor of discrepant material.
- Assists in other assembly areas as required.
- Completes all necessary paperwork on in-process and completed jobs.
- Performs other related duties as may be required or directed.
- Observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling and equipment as well as applicable handling of chemicals (flux, isopropyl, alcohol, epoxies, polyurethane and solder).
SKILLS and Qualifications:
One year soldering experience and soldering certification preferred. One year work experience preferably in a manufacturing environment. Ability to move assemblies of up to 20 lbs.
High School diploma or equivalent required
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements including: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist, bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as mask, gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes if required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitively or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
The candidate must be a US citizen.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@msitransducers.com.