MSI TRANSDUCER CORPORATION,
A leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for an
Responsible for performing a variety of functions in the fabrication, testing, debugging and documentation of electro-mechanical assemblies, modules and systems with engineering support. Develop processes and tests, troubleshoot and repair equipment and products. Must be able to read and understand diagnostic data. Work within limits of specifications, technical manuals, schematics and written/verbal instructions. Discuss technical problems encountered with supervisor. Work on prototype and R&D projects to develop release to manufacturing documentation. Compile and record test results and data with a variety of test equipment. Maintain and repair test equipment and components as required. Interface with engineering, drafting and production personnel and relied upon to mentor and train technicians.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop release to manufacturing documentation from prototype documentation with engineering support
- Cross train and support various work centers to ensure proper coverage of production demands as required
- Organize and maintain test and measurement assets including oscilloscopes, data acquisition systems, impedance test stations and in-water and in-air acoustic test systems
- Able to assign tasks and monitor performance on multiple assembly lines
- Use precise testing and measuring equipment to verify conformance to specifications
- Perform complex assembly of precision electro-mechanical devices
- Verify mechanical and electrical measurements, complete logs, and maintain production records
- Perform bonding processes to include uses of urethanes and epoxies
- Assemble transducers following work instructions using fixtures and hand tools
- Operate Pressure Vessels (PV’s) safely to include proper loading, leveling, latching doors/lids per instruction and operating heat controllers
- Inform proper personnel when materials are at re-order points
- Support assembly areas as required following work instructions
- Maintain a clean an orderly work environment through 6S processes and checklist
- Attention to detail regarding condition of parts. Notifies supervisor of non-conforming product (NCP)
- Reads and interprets specifications, blueprints, sketches, etc., to determine dimensions and tolerances of components
- Perform encapsulation of assemblies per work instruction and data sheets as required
- Operate measurement instrumentation including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, impedance analyzers, and digital multi-meters
- Perform basic calculations to support urethane and epoxy mixtures per data sheets
- Use mechanical measurement instruments including calipers and micrometers
- Use testing and measurement equipment such as impedance, high pot, optical comparator
- Experience with mechanical assembly, basic machining, and electrical wiring
- Understand performance specifications, technical manuals, schematics and written/verbal instructions
- Standard computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Assemble circuit boards by use of soldering equipment
- Ensure documentation is filled out completely, accurately and immediately upon completion of the task
- Good hands on mechanical aptitude
- Basic soldering skills is a plus
- ISO work environment is a plus
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION:
- High school degree or equivalent
- Experienced in a manufacturing environment
- 5-10 years related experience
- Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward; use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routing duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- • Ability to endure periods of heavy work load.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@msitransducers.com.