MSI TRANSDUCER CORPORATION,
A leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Engineering Program Manager
MSI manufactures low volume, highly complex electro-mechanical sonar assemblies for defense and commercial applications. This advanced-level position receives high level instructions on new assignments and is expected to exercise independent judgment in determining objectives and approaches to most assignments.
The Engineering Program Manager acts with full authority to assure the successful efforts of all personnel and functions assigned to MSI’s prototyping and production programs from program inception to program completion. As part of these project leadership roles and responsibilities, this position will have primary involvement in design reviews both internal and with customers. This hands-on role within the organization will also be counted on to provide technical direction and guidance to technicians and drafting staff for the completion of drawings, the development of new assembly processes and the fabrication of transducers. To perform at this level an employee is expected to communicate well, perform with high quality, work independently, and interact with others across the company.
The ideal candidate will have experience with acoustics and sonar.
- Act as the principal point of contact with the customer, with responsibility for assuring customer satisfaction in terms of product performance, delivery, cost, and related areas.
- Act as principal point of contact with senior management to assure management understanding of program status.
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans, schedules and budgets.
- Work closely with Engineering to drive designs and resolve technical issues.
- Identify risks, develop mitigation strategies and facilitate conflict resolution across the organization.
- Responsible for defining and directing the performance of program functional task elements such as procurement, manufacturing, quality, configuration, logistics, administrative functions, contracts administration, facilities, etc.
- Responsible for creating and reviewing all contract deliverable items.
- Assure effective communication and teamwork among all functional department groups and program functional team members contributing to the program.
- Conduct periodic program status review meetings with major program contributors to report status relative to all aspects of program objectives and assure resolution of program performance issues.
- Coordinate with business development as appropriate and assist in the preparation and implementation of business development and marketing plans. Responsible for initial program planning including proposal coordination, proposal preparation, development of statements of work specifications and estimation of product or service costs.
- Interface with outside vendors, as applicable, to determine part suitability and availability of specific materials and parts.
- Design components, assemblies and subassemblies.
- Direct the preparation of detail drawings with model files.
- Complete detailed design and analysis culminating in an engineering drawing package and related parts lists and BOMs.
- Direct manufacturing team in assembly of prototype and advanced development model hardware.
- Interface with technicians during the design process to address any foreseeable fabrication issues.
- Organize, interpret, evaluate and analyze engineering problems.
- Work with Business Development to bid new prototype programs.
- Present and defend design packages at internal and customer attended reviews.
- Maintain an efficient and supportive working environment by acting & communicating in an effective manner with customers, clients, co-workers & management.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe working environment.
- Comply with work schedules and attendance requirements according to company policy and practices.
- Follow departmental & company policies, procedures and objectives; and safety and environmental standards.
EDUCATION/YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
A Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science or related technical field is required.
- Must have 5-10 years of experience in engineering and in a related field.
- 5+ years of program management experience driving projects to completion.
- Proven capability of managing cross functional team with conflicting/competing priorities (manufacturing, supply chain, engineering, etc.). Demonstrated experience working in these functions or successfully leading a cross functional team.
- Proven capability of managing cost and schedule on ongoing programs.
- Experience with DoD prototyping and production programs.
- Proven capability of transitioning products from development into production.
- Proven capability of creating and maintaining constructive customer relationships.
- 3 to 5 years related engineering and management experience to be proficient in the above areas or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional decision-making and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing techniques with a desire towards process improvement.
- Familiarity with industry standards.
- Experience in validating designs for production.
- Experience in creating, reviewing, releasing, and controlling technical documentation packages in a production environment.
- Superior presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Work well with business development and manufacturing personnel in a cooperative, team building manner.
Must be proficient with in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project or an equivalent program management software. Must be familiar with 3D solid modelling software such as Solidworks or Alibre.
The candidate must be a US citizen and eligible to obtain a security clearance.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@msitransducers.com.