AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Responsible for day-to-day management of the Master Schedule as it relates to forecasted demand, production and inventory changes. Supervises the Production Control team of (5) five people which includes planning, receiving, and inventory management.
- Lead Sales & Operations planning efforts using information cultivated from Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Purchasing and Manufacturing groups.
- Determine which team will manufacture, machine, and/or fabricate parts; i.e., serve as the decision maker for make/buy decisions and partners with Procurement such that delivery dates, costs, and technical specifications are achieved.
- Receive primary input for total demand from forecasts and other data/information, such that demand can be matched to capacity.
- Review customer orders for material availability and capacity. Assign ship date to order via the customer order approval process.
- Develop models for capacity planning. Monitors capacity utilization and provides short term and long-term planning for optimum utilization and efficiency.
- Manage efforts among Sales Forecasting (Demand), Standard Operations (Volume), Master Scheduling (Mix), and Capacity Planning (Supply), such that customer requirements are met.
- Maintain appropriate Master Data (part parameter) settings for planning fences, order policy codes, item cross reference notes, and various other ERP scheduling parameters.
- Work with other departments to expedite materials as necessary to ensure production deadlines are met.
- Assist to define and coordinate resources in response to unplanned work, such that very short delivery times are satisfied.
- Maintain and communicate detail delivery status reports (late vs. on-time details) to appropriate teams including Sales and Management.
- Ensure shop order system is always current, and purged of any unnecessary orders, data, etc.
- Proactively engage with Sales when demand exceeds capacity to minimize risk towards meeting delivery commitments.
- Maintain and assist in planning inventory levels (raw materials and WIP) to achieve delivery goals and manage these levels within inventory cost/turn targets and amongst warehouse space limitations.
- Oversee inventory reduction efforts to reduce excessive or obsolete materials.
- Observe all safety regulations while in the performance of job responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree and minimum 5 years experience as a Master Scheduler or equivalent experience as a Production Planning Manager. Good understanding of manufacturing processes. APICS/CPIM or equivalent certification preferred.
- Strong understanding of material and inventory control procedures, ERP and Kanban practices.
- Computer proficiency, including Excel and MRP systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to interface with employees of all levels.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Data driven.
- Able to multitask.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, lead and participate in cross functional teams.
- Experience in a high mix/low volume environment.
Physical Requirements and Abilities:
Individuals must possess these knowledges, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
1. Physical requirement includes: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on
knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities
to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw,
drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position;
to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed (sitting or standing or a combination of both).
2. Ability to wear protective clothing such as respirator, mask, gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
3. Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
4. Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
5. Ability to endure periods of heavy work load.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.