AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT III
Performs a variety of duties in connection with the maintenance of building, machines and equipment.
Observes all safety requirements while in the performance of job responsibilities.
- Tests, inspects, troubleshoots and document all repairs.
- Researches and specifies replacement and upgrade parts for all necessary equipment.
- Maintain and repairs all facilities related equipment and machinery.
- Maintains, cleans and repairs all machinery and equipment required to assemble and manufacture company products.
- Modernizes and/or renovates plant equipment as required.
- Interprets blueprints/schematics, diagrams, drawings and specifications.
- Using dollies, hand trucks or power driven forklift trucks, moves materials and equipment to proper location.
- Assembles and/or dismantles machinery, equipment, workstations, etc., as required to meet plant layout specifications.
- Monitors and inspects equipment and machinery to meet OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Initiates purchase orders for maintenance and building supplies.
- Operates company vehicles to deliver or obtain materials or equipment.
- Performs other related duties as may be required or directed.
- Ability to interact positively as a team member with co-workers and supervision.
- Welding and sheet metal fabrication a plus but not a requirement.
- Six (6) or more years’ experience repairing and servicing a variety of machinery.
- Ability to plan and initiate repairs.
- Able to handle more advanced plumbing, carpentry, and electrical projects.
- Ability to use power tools.
- Knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Ability to acquire Forklift certification.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain a DOT certification.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledgeable and able to perform work in
- Electrical - Meters and Schematic experience
- Equipment repairs
High school education or equivalent experience. Trade school background desirable but not required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals may possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed standing.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as respirator, mask, gloves, safety glasses and/or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly/repair and/or visual inspection or repair involving varying size parts/defects.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties working from detailed instructions, verbal instructions and/or under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.