AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT II
Performs a variety of duties in connection with the maintenance of building, machines and equipment.
- Observes all safety requirements while in the performance of job responsibilities.
- Maintains and repairs all facilities related equipment and machinery.
- Maintains, cleans and repairs all machinery and equipment required to assemble and manufacture company products.
- Performs general duties of a carpenter, painter, electrician, plumber as required.
- Modernizes and/or renovates plant equipment as required.
- Using dollies, hand trucks or power driven forklift trucks, moves machine and equipment to proper location.
- Assembles and/or dismantles machinery, equipment, workstations, etc., as required to meet plant layout specifications.
- Monitors and inspects equipment and machinery to meet OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Initiates purchase orders for maintenance and building supplies.
- Operates company vehicles to deliver or obtain materials or equipment.
- Performs other related duties as may be required or directed.
- Ability to interact positively as a team member with co-workers and supervision.
- Valid driver’s license with no restrictions.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Trade school background or equivalent experience desirable.
- Three years to five years’ experience repairing and servicing a variety of manufacturing machinery.
- Knowledge of electrical systems.
- Able to handle basic plumbing, carpentry, and electrical projects.
- Experience with pneumatics and hydraulics.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES
Individuals may possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward; use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.