AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Finished machinist that can create jigs, fixtures and single parts utilizing 3D CAD/CAM & G-code.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans machining by studying technical drawings, engineering plans, materials, specifications, sketches, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing orders for stock.
- Programs mills and lathes, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, and offsets; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Shape, sharpen and adjust machining tools so that required print tolerance can be achieved.
- Provide tooling and fixturing improvement solutions as needed.
- Ability to use measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, etc.
- Performs other duties as may be required or directed.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate various machines, such as lathe, CNC and manual milling machine, surface grinder, and pin grinder.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- G-code programming experience.
- Ability to output conversational language to CNC equipment.
- CAD and 3D software experience, preferably Solidworks/CAMworks.
- Possesses their own machinist tools.
- Observe all safety regulations while in the performance of job responsibilities.
Skills and Qualifications:
Conceptual Skills, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Problem Solving skills, Judgment.
Education / Requirements:
High School diploma or equivalent education required. Vocational School coursework completed and/or 2 to 4 years relevant machinist experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements including: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist, bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as mask, gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes if required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy work load.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.