AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Machine Operator/Tester Packer II
Under general supervision, performs final testing and packing operations using the foam packing machine in preparation of shipping product to the customer.
- Reads, understands, and follows bills of material, work instructions, cable prints and other documentation in the performance of all tasks.
- Determines BOM requirements for scheduled jobs verifying parts are correct.
- Programs foam machine for custom packing by calculating dimensions and volume of box.
- Adjust machine settings to conform to approved packing procedures.
- Monitors material supply levels and inventory to minimize interruptions and ensure seamless operations. Communicates with the purchasing department as supplies are needed.
- Completes required paperwork, maintaining accurate inventory counts, test records and other documentation.
- Maintains production levels at or above company/department goals with minimum indirect time.
- Distributes rejected product to appropriate areas.
- Maintains clean and orderly machines and general work areas.
- Performs other related duties as may be required or directed.
- High School diploma or equivalent education required. 1 to 3 years comparable work experience.
- Working knowledge of Oscilloscopes and other test equipment.
- Able to read and comprehend Work Instructions and test procedures.
- Ability to accurately decipher, adjust and calculate test data, means and averages.
- Basic math skills and ability to read, comprehend and follow BOM's.
- Able to use basic measuring instruments such as rulers, digital timers, etc.
- Attention to detail.
- Interacts positively as a team member with co-workers and supervision.
Physical Requirements and Abilities:
Individuals must possess these knowledges, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
1. Physical requirement includes: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on
knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities
to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw,
drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position;
to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed (sitting or standing or a combination of both).
2. Ability to wear protective clothing such as respirator, mask, gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
3. Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
4. Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
5. Ability to endure periods of heavy work load.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.