AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Laminator I – 1st Shift
Under close supervision laminates steel or aluminum elements for use in ultrasonic sensors.
Observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling and equipment and applicable to handling chemicals (flux, isopropyl, and alcohol, epoxies, solder and urethane foam).
- Must be able to handle pack and assemblies of up to 20 lbs.
- Reads Bill of Materials and Work Instructions to determine what is required for each lamination.
- Washes the steel and aluminum discs in the degreaser by submerging into aqueous solution.
- Cleans ceramics with isopropyl alcohol and paper towels.
- Smooth steel and aluminum surfaces by operating sandblaster.
- Smoothes steel and aluminum surfaces by operating sandblaster.
- Verifies the thickness of the steel using calipers and BOM for reference. Notifies supervisor of discrepant material.
- Groups ceramics for dual frequency laminations and groups laminated elements for commercial packs.
- Weighs and mixes epoxy for lamination use between the layers of the elements.
- Operates air vise to press and secures elements together.
- Cures elements in oven for appropriate length of time. Documents on oven log.
- Operates drill press to evenly distribute epoxy and drills for lug holes. Inserts lugs and verifies correct orientation.
- Tests frequency and impedance using digital and analog test equipment.
- May operate spot welder and sets the arm and weld range, then depresses the foot pedal.
- Laminates cork to elements as prep requires.
- Phases elements for pack assemblies.
- Assembles and foams laminated assemblies.
- Tests for capacitance, resonant frequency, anti-resonant frequency, AF and impedance on laminated packs. Documents on test log.
- Sandblasts foam packs and forwards completed foam packs to assembly departments.
- Assists in commercial assembly as required.
- Reworks bad elements by operating a torch and heating the element to pry them apart.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area
- Completes all necessary paperwork on jobs completed.
- Performs other related duties as may be required or directed.
EDUCATION & Experience:
High school education or equivalent experience. Over 3 months to one year work related experience. Basic Math skills, mechanical ability and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess these knowledges, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirement include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as mask, gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload or excessive stress.
- Ability to interact positively as a team member with co-workers and supervision.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.