AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Under close supervision laminates steel or aluminum elements for use in ultrasonic sensors, which requires the use of Aqueous cleaner. Observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling and equipment and applicable handling chemicals (flux, isopropyl, alcohol, epoxies, solder, and urethane foam). Some soldering skills required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to handle, pack and assemblies of up to 50 lbs.
- Reads Bill of Materials (BOM) and Work Instructions to determine what is required for each lamination.
- Washes the steel and aluminum discs in the degreaser by submerging into aqueous solution.
- Cleans ceramics with isopropyl alcohol and paper towels.
- Smooth steel and aluminum surfaces by operating sandblaster.
- Verifies the thickness of the steel using calipers and BOM for reference. Notifies supervisor of discrepant material.
- Groups’ ceramics for dual frequency laminations and groups laminated elements for commercial packs.
- Solders prep elements as required.
- Weighs and mixes epoxy for lamination use between the layers of the elements.
- Operates air vise to press and secures elements together.
- Cures elements in oven for appropriate length of time. Documents on oven log.
- Operates drill press to evenly distribute epoxy and drills for lug holes. Inserts lugs and verifies correct orientation.
- Tests frequency and impedance using digital and analog test equipment.
- Phases elements using specified testing equipment.
- Laminates cork to elements as prep requires.
- Phases elements for pack assemblies.
- Maintain clean and orderly work area.
- Logs time against appropriate shop orders utilizing the companies ERP system.
- Perform other related duties as may be required or directed.
- Over 3 months to one year related work experience.
- High school education or equivalent experience.
Basic Math skills, mechanical ability and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Use of digital and analog test equipment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirement include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as mask, gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload or excessive stress.
- Ability to interact positively as a team member with co-workers and supervision.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.