MSI TRANSDUCER CORPORATION,
A leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Laboratory Manager / Production Manager
MSI manufactures low volume, highly complex electro-mechanical sonar assemblies for defense and commercial applications. The Production Manager will oversee all daily operations of MSI’s transducer manufacturing facility to ensure customer requirements are satisfied in a timely manner, while developing processes that will maximize productivity, safety and quality.
- Plan, organize, direct and run day-to-day manufacturing operations with a low volume, highly complex environment while exceeding our customers’ expectations.
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce high quality results.
- Work closely with program managers to keep programs on schedule and within budget.
- Be a transformational figure for continuous improvement.
- Develop and manage systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets.
- Recruit, manage and develop a staff of 10-20 technicians and operators.
- Trouble shoot manufacturing issues and implement corrective actions.
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time delivery.
- Participate in budgeting, quoting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources.
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards.
- Commit to facility safety procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Technology, Materials Engineering or a Manufacturing Management Certificate is preferred.
- Must have experience as a production manager producing low volume, highly complex products.
- Proven experience managing teams of technicians and operators.
- Exceptional team building, decision-making and people management skills.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing techniques with a desire towards process improvement.
- Familiarity with industry standards.
- Experience with Visual Manufacturing Control methods.
- Knowledge of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, and inventory.
- Experience in ceramics manufacturing desirable.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Familiarity with Visio and SolidWorks is desirable.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with reading, writing and computer work.
- Ability to organize, interpret, evaluate and analyze engineering problems.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
The candidate must be a US citizen and eligible to obtain a security clearance.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@msitransducers.com.