AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Jr. Manufacturing Engineer
Airmar’s Jr. Manufacturing Engineer will use a “Hands On” approach to maintain the current processes and aid in the development of new product manufacturing. The ideal candidate should have the mechanical aptitude to be a part of proactive engineering team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES::
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 1 to 3 years manufacturing engineering experience preferred.
- Knowledge of manufacturing concepts including Lean Manufacturing.
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to grasp technology quickly.
- Strong 3D modeling skills, experience with CREO preferred.
- Machining experience in business or academic environment preferred.
- Must communicate clearly and accurately.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple projects, work well in a team, and be self-motivated.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
1-3 years manufacturing experience.
Strong mechanical aptitude, mathematical skills and ability to read, create, and understand technical drawings and 3D models. Knowledge and prediction of physical principles, laws, their interrelationships, and applications. Understanding fluid, material, and atmospheric dynamics, mechanical and electrical processes. Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills (both written and verbal), time management skills, ability to multi-task and project management skills. Demonstrated ability to apply problem solving methodology to identify root cause and implement solutions. CREO and Moldflow preferred. Proficient in computer use.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirements, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward; use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with computer work and may include visual inspection of mechanical assembly involving small parts and defects.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy work load.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.