AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Information Technology Technical Support Specialist
The Information Technology Technical Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware and software. This person responds to telephone calls, emails and work orders to resolve problems, install hardware and software solutions and support the internal IT Helpdesk. Tasks include network account setup, personal computer and peripherals configuration, installation and maintenance, and software tracking and installation.
The IT Technical Support Specialist maintains a public profile and builds relationships throughout the organization. This person can change priorities quickly to meet business demands, excels when working on complex projects, is motivated to deliver results, and exhibits the Company values of integrity and exceptional customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIE:
- Observes all safety regulations including the use of personal protective equipment applicable to the location of the equipment. Adheres to proper lifting and handling techniques and regulations.
- Manages the processing of helpdesk requests (work orders) via telephone and email to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Prioritizes and schedules work orders and escalates work orders as required to the appropriate personnel.
- Responds to initial work order(s) within two hours of receipt to ensure end-user is continually aware of the status. Communication continues with end-user through resolution and close of work order.
- Closes work orders in a timely manner, while maintaining the highest level of quality.
- Evaluates, documents and tests solutions to ensure work orders have been adequately resolved.
- Evaluates documented resolutions and analyzes trends to prevent future work orders.
- Prepares and presents periodic summaries of work order requests by categories and recommends improvement.
- Develops and implements end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Coordinates and supports the corporate personal computer network, including hardware and software configuration, installation, maintenance and upgrades.
- Assists in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future computer and peripheral hardware and software requirements.
- Conducts research on personal computer hardware and software products to support procurement and development efforts.
- Collaborates with IT staff to ensure efficient operation of the corporate desktop computing environment.
- Coordinates and supports the corporate mobile and wireless device strategy.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, training seminars and courses, conferences and trade shows on current and future technologies. Reviews technical publications, establishes personal networks and participates in technical societies to expand knowledge base.
- Performs other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Bachelor’s degree preferable.
- Strong background in helpdesk and desktop support, imaging, micro computing, WAN and LAN networks.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, personal computer hardware and software, Microsoft Windows operating systems, laser printers, and Multi-Functional Printers.
- Excellent hands-on desktop hardware and software troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides.
- Ability to independently conduct helpdesk and desktop research to solve problems and identify improvements.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of five years of experience in helpdesk and desktop support.
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to interact and build trust with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to quickly resolve technical problems.
- Ability to present ideas in a non-technical or user-friendly language.
- Self-motivated, with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as in team oriented and collaborative environment.
- Must be available outside normal business hours for support, upgrades and maintenance of infrastructure, network and telecommunications systems.
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment as needed.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Ability to lift and transport heavy to moderately heavy (up to fifty pounds) objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Ability to focus attention on detailed and complex information for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical troubleshooting, repairs, installations and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to endure period of heavy workloads.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com
AIRMAR Technology Corporation is a world leader in the design and manufacture of sensing technology for marine and industrial applications. Established in Amherst, New Hampshire in 1982, the Company's product line has grown to include advanced ultrasonic transducers, flow sensors, WeatherStation® instruments, and electronic compasses used for a wide variety of applications including fishing, navigation, meteorology, survey, level measurement, process control, and proximity sensing. Airmar’s headquarters are located in Milford, New Hampshire, with distribution offices in Lake City, South Carolina; and Saint Malo, France. Airmar continues to expand our product lines and Technology Corp.