AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Industrial Engineer/Time Study Engineer
Provides industrial engineering support for continuous improvement, cost reduction, and improved quality via improved understanding of loss. Leads target rate and financial standard setting process for manufacturing. Leads or supports the process of educating others on findings via reporting development and data capture.
- Develops work measurement procedures and directs time-and-motion studies to promote efficient and economical utilization of personnel and facilities: Directs or conducts observation and analysis of personnel and work procedures to determine time-and-motion requirements of job duties.
- Analyzes work study data and equipment specifications to establish time and production standards.
- Applies principles of industrial engineering and evaluate work methods proposals to develop recommendations to management affecting work methods, design changes, and adjust production standards.
- Establishes and maintains labor standards through work measurement, work simplification, methods engineering and analysis of statistical data.
- Evaluates and establishes ideal equipment speed settings and standards for run-speeds and changeover times as an input to scheduling methods, performance metrics and financial standards.
- Identifies value-added and non-value-added activities through accepted Industrial Engineering techniques.
- Analyzes the workplace for both efficient and inefficient work activities. Identifies and facilitates potential cost reduction projects. Recommends essential equipment needed.
- Plans and directs the implementation of productivity improvement projects through quality engineering and cost of quality analysis.
- Manages and conducts employee training for productivity improvement projects.
- Ability to review processes and apply lean manufacturing techniques to identify, reduce and eliminate waste.
- Proficient analytical, statistical, and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to translate observation into supported financial business case recommendations
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques with a proven history of utilizing lean tools to streamline processes and eliminate waste.
A four year college degree or its equivalent in Engineering or Scientific discipline is required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess these knowledges, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirement include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as mask, gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload or excessive stress.
- Ability to interact positively as a team member with co-workers and supervision.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.