AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
The HR Generalist is a key member of the HR team and will be responsible for providing day-to-day HR support to the Company. This position is “hands-on”. The generalist will be actively out on the manufacturing floor involved in employee relations, compensation and benefits, training, compliance, policy interpretation and development, safety, new employee orientation, best practices, as well as day-to-day clerical/administrative matters within the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with Director of Human Resources on day-to-day HR matters.
- Handles the recruitment/hiring process for non-exempt positions.
- Orient new employees to the Company which includes but is not limited to: new hire paperwork and benefits, tour and introductions. Conduct Stay and Exit interviews. Administers building access and safety.
- Manage employee benefits administration from new enrollments and annual renewals through termination in compliance with state and federal employment laws.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System (HRIS) input/records and compiles reports’ from database. Ability to run customized queries and reports.
- Responsible for overseeing compliance with companies’ safety, health policies and procedures; ergonomic implementation and training when needed.
- Active participant on the Safety Committee.
- Provide back-up support for payroll input.
- Works with the Director of Human Resources in the creation of policies, procedures and programs.
- Maintains accurate and timely information on organization structure and administrative practices, procedures, guidelines, and systems associated with delivery of human resources services and programs.
- Administration of Worker’s Compensation, FMLA and other leaves. Strong knowledge in these areas is required.
- Maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations, safety reporting.
- Able to resolve employee relations challenges and know when to raise to the Director of Human Resources.
- Experience with a Performance Management process.
- General clerical duties are a daily part of this role.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
3-5 years of Generalist experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Superior attention to detail and organizational skills, problem solving/analysis and time management. Must be a self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to exercise autonomy on a daily basis and build trust and confidence with client base. Ability to multi-task is essential, as is working in a fast paced environment with changing priorities. Ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively manage sensitive situations as needed. Solid knowledge and understanding of state and federal laws as they pertain to Human Resources a must.
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.), ADP Workforce Now, HRIS
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with reading, writing and computer work.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.