AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
The HR Generalist is a key member of the HR team and will be responsible for providing day-to-day HR support to the Company. This position is “hands-on”. The generalist will be actively out on the manufacturing floor involved in the following areas: benefits administration, payroll (specifically ADP), employee relations, performance evaluation process, recruiting, safety and day-to-day clerical/administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with Director of Human Resources on day-to-day HR matters.
- Responsible for processing Payroll using ADP and an ERP System.
- Handles the recruitment/hiring process for non-exempt manufacturing positions.
- Orient new employees to the Company which includes but not limited to: completion of new hire paperwork and benefits, tours and introductions. Administers building access.
- Primary contact for benefits administration beginning with new enrollments and annual renewals. Day to day go to person for employees.
- Responsible for ergonomic implementation and training when needed.
- Administration of Worker’s Compensation, FMLA and other leaves.
- Able to resolve employee relations challenges and know when to raise to the Director of Human Resources.
- Experience with a Performance Management process.
- Project work as needed.
- General clerical duties are a daily part of this role.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
3-5 years of Generalist experience in a manufacturing environment is beneficial but not necessary.
Superior attention to detail and organizational skills, problem solving and time management. Must be a self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to exercise autonomy on a daily basis and build trust and confidence with production employees. Ability to multi-task is essential, as is working in a fast paced environment with changing priorities. Ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively manage sensitive situations as needed. Solid knowledge and understanding of state and federal laws as they pertain to Human Resources a must. Flexibility to work past 5:00PM.
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.), ADP Workforce
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with reading, writing and computer work.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy work load.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.