AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
GENERAL EQUIPMENT MACHINE OPERATOR I — Second Shift (3:00 PM - 11:30 PM)
Under general supervision, independently sets up and operates one or more of the following pieces of equipment for production requirements:
- Belt sanders
- Craymills Liftkleen degreaser and rinse tanks
- Manual lathes
- Schleuniger Eco-Strip 9300 wire cutting machine
Observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling and equipment, applicable to the use of heavy equipment and machinery, and applicable to the use of chemicals including isopropyl alcohol, flux, solder, glues, epoxies, urethane foam, and aqueous cleaning solution.
- Reads, understands and follows Bill of Materials (BOM), work instructions, cable prints and other documentation in the performance of all tasks.
- Determines BOM requirements for scheduled jobs verifying parts are correct.
- Completes required paperwork, maintaining accurate inventory counts, test records and other documentation.
- Maintains production levels at or above company/departmental goals with minimum indirect time.
- Dispositions rejected product to appropriate areas.
- Maintains clean and orderly machines and general work areas.
- Interacts positively as a team member with co-works and supervision.
- Performs other related duties as may be required.
- Sets up sanding jigs.
- Inserts housing into jig and applies even pressure against the sander.
- Sets machine into operation; removes housings from sander and inspects for flaws per documented criteria.
- Deburrs any excess material and uses air hose to remove residue, debris and dust.
- Delivers bins of finished product to designated areas.
- Changes belts on sander and cleans debris from inside machinery.
Schleuniger Eco-Strip 9300:
- Securely places product and cable into jaws and ensures equipment is set at proper cutting height prior to proceeding.
- Activates lathe and removes material per work instructions.
- Deburrs edges to remove excess material left on housings.
- Places completed product into bins and delivers to designated areas.
- Maintains cutting and slicing tool sharpness and edge quality.
Craymills Liftkleen Degreaser and Rinse Tank:
- Using Avante, Prints MRP reports to schedule wires required for cutting and to print BOMs
- Loads wire into machine and selects preloaded program. Verifies that program data matches BOM and print.
- Activates machine and adjusts settings such as wayback, tension, etc. as required. Notifies supervisor of any issues.
- Places completed products into bags, staples them closed, prints identification label from Bartender program and applies to bag.
- Records completed product and posts into Avante.
- Powers on electricity and opens valve for water flow.
- Ensures that tanks are filled to appropriate levels with water. Adds more as needed.
- Checks tank temperatures and records on log. Notifies supervisor if not within required range.
- Loads small parts into mesh bag. Loads all parts into basket and places them on the degreaser tray utilizing the overhead hoist.
- Activates degreaser and washes parts for time indicated in work instructions.
- Using hoist, moves basket from degreaser to rinse tank and leaves for required time.
- Lifts basket from rinse tank and partially blow dry using air hose.
- Places completed parts into containers and delivers to next location.
- Powers down electricity and closes water valve.
EDUCATION/YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
High school education or equivalent background. 3 months of work experience operating production machinery. Basic math skills and able to read, comprehend and follow BOMS. Ability to use basic measuring instruments such as rulers, digital timers, etc. Good visual acuity, manual dexterity, and attention to detail.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes if required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with computer work, mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy work load.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.