AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Encapsulator II – 1st Shift
Under general supervision, performs pouring operations with urethane and epoxy materials to protect electrical and mechanical parts from external elements.
While in the performance of job requirements, observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment applicable to the use of machinery, electrical tooling and to the use of chemicals including isopropyl alcohol, epoxies, aqueous cleaning solutions and other chemicals pertinent to the position.
- Works with Maintenance as required to tear down and rebuild pumps and all pouring machines.
- Maintains all machine repair parts inventory and places requisitions with purchasing as required.
- In the absence of supervision, may make encapsulating decisions for team members.
- Evaluates new process on equipment to eliminate chemicals and increase productivity.
- Responsible for controlling process of cure times in pour room and heat room.
- Maintains POR Inventory accuracy.
- Obtains work instructions, BOMs and prints from computer system.
- Performs very specific and critical processes for each product using specified encapsulation techniques.
- Determines what type of pour is required for the scheduled product per BOM.
- Preps molds, product and fixtures for each pour as required.
- Assembles molds and hangs components for pour.
- Monitors pour batches with test cups as required after machine maintenance.
- Conducts pouring operations according to BOM, written process sheet and product print.
- Monitors procedures for pouring each product as well as draw down and filling procedures.
- Hand mixes pouring material as required for specific product lines.
- Tapes sides of bronzes and other housings that have no pour lip when required.
- Pours urethane and/or epoxy into transducer cavities.
- Checks containers for material levels daily and fills containers as needed. Monitors vacuum pressure on containers after filling.
- Checks equipment daily to ensure maximum safety and performance.
- Recycles solvent in still.
- Cleans and maintains pouring equipment as required per maintenance log and schedule; maintains guns, replaces mixing tubes, etc.
- Uses barcode scanning system.
- Posts inventory transfers, scrap etc. in Avante.
- Performs other related duties as may be required or directed.
- One (1) year of related work experience.
- Experience using machinery, lathes, sandblaster, and hand tools.
- Working knowledge of Windows and spread sheet computer programs.
- Good manual dexterity, mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills.
High school education or equivalent background.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirement includes: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitively or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure extended periods of heavy workload.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.
AIRMAR Technology Corporation is a world leader in the design and manufacture of sensing technology for marine and industrial applications. Established in Amherst, New Hampshire in 1982, the Company's product line has grown to include advanced ultrasonic transducers, flow sensors, WeatherStation® instruments, and electronic compasses used for a wide variety of applications including fishing, navigation, meteorology, survey, level measurement, process control, and proximity sensing. Airmar’s headquarters are located in Milford, New Hampshire, with distribution offices in Lake City, South Carolina; and Saint Malo, France. Airmar continues to expand our product lines and Technology Corp.