AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Designs components or major portions of a functional system to develop or improve products and facilitate operations. Typically involved in all phases of product design, from concept to launch.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops basic concepts and makes preliminary layouts, engineering sketches and notes necessary to present a design proposal for approval.
- Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeably, replaceability, strength-weight efficiency, contractual specification requirements and cost.
- Confers with other mechanical engineers in selecting structural materials, fabrication methods, and structural configurations to meet end-product performance requirements.
- Checks completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness and conformity to standards, procedures, specifications and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
- Produces prototypes and models designs for R&D and lab personnel.
- Checks Engineering Change Orders (ECO) for accuracy and completeness of mechanical drawings.
- Collaborates with other departments affected by design development in order to review prototypes or discuss required design modifications.
- Procures short run production parts for material management.
- Conducts or schedules product testing, and documents creation and manufacturing engineering support.
- Assists materials management staff in dealing with mold makers and stamping vendors.
- Manages projects, as assigned, prepares schedules, participate in project, ECO and other meetings as required.
- Seeks participation of other departments on projects, and ensures approvals are obtained from customer.
- Interact with manufacturing to ensure efficient production and successful end results.
- Researches computer systems (CAD) resources beneficial to the department, contacts vendors, gathers and analyzes information and reports finding and conclusions.
- Mentors new employees in CAD support and design best practices.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering/Design or equivalent experience. 10+ years of worked related experience preferably in a Manufacturing environment.
Familiarity with industrial design principles for consumer and commercial products. Broad knowledge of materials applications (i.e. molded plastic parts, bronze, stainless steel, epoxy, urethane etc.). Excellent written and verbal communication ability and project management.
Experience with engineering tools and systems; MRP System, proficient in using computer aided design (CAD) tools; Creo, CAD (2-D and 3-D CAD Systems preferred) and Microsoft Office products.)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals may possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- The ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.