AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
CONNECTOR ASSEMBLER I – 1st Shift
Under general supervision, prepares cable, assembles and solders connector plugs to cable for use in ultrasonic sensors.
While in the performance of job requirements, observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling and equipment and applicable to the use of chemicals including isopropyl alcohol, flux, solder, glues, epoxies and aqueous cleaning solution.
- Operates carpenter cable stripper to strip cable jacket to appropriate length as needed.
- Able to use and apply rulers and other measuring devices.
- Removes foil and cellophane with exacto knife.
- Strips insulation off wires to exact length using automatic wire stripper.
- Dips wires and connectors into flux for tinning and into filled heated solder pot, or manually tins with solder.
- Slips plug into wheel vise and with needle nose pliers and soldering iron, attaches wire to proper pin on plug. Ensures that proper soldering techniques are followed.
- Uses heat gun and shrinks tube over cable where needed.
- Operates crimping machines as required and performs hand crimping when required.
- Performs a wide variety of assembly operations including phono plugs; 2, 3, 4, 5, and some 8 pin plugs with various cable size.
- Completes daily labor ticket and paperwork.
- Reads and understands cable prints, Bill of Materials, and work instruction sheets.
- Tests completed cable assemblies for electrical shorts or other defects and assures cable assemblies are property wired.
- Responsible for any repairs or rework.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area.
- Performs other related duties as may be required or directed.
- Ability to interact positively as a team member with co-workers and supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalent education required. Some assembly experience and general soldering skills preferred. Good manual dexterity required and must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.