AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Above Deck Production Technician I
Under minimal supervision, the Above Deck Technician I will participate as a member of a self-directed work team to ensure timely scheduling, testing and packing of Above Deck products to support customer orders.
- Observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling and equipment and applicable to the use of chemicals including isopropyl alcohol, flux, solder, glues and epoxies.
- Participates as a member of the Above Deck product line’s self-directed work team to schedule, produce, and ensure timely delivery of Above Deck products to customers.
- Interacts positively as a team member with co-workers and supervision.
- Tests and packs WeatherStation®, GPS, compass, Transducer Diagnostic Tester and related PCBA’s and subassemblies [Above Deck products] in accordance with BOM’s and work instructions.
- Operates all test equipment required to complete Above Deck products performing calibration, programming, inspection, verification, and upgrades on PC and non-PC based equipment such as meters, wind tunnels, tilt and Scorsby robots.
- Provides support to other team members working collaboratively to monitor and achieve the team’s KPI goals. Assists with training on area operations and offers guidance and tips on specific assemblies.
- Obtains and follows required documentation including BOMs, work instructions, travelers, and forms for product to be processed.
- Assists Documentation team with developing work documentation to best suit the needs of product design and manufacturability.
- Ensures documentation for new products is ready for subsequent production builds.
- With other team members supports, facilitates and contributes to product, process and production improvements.
- Participates in the FAAR sign-off process.
- Locates and gathers job materials per BOM and work instructions. Organizes materials, tools and test equipment based on the BOM and work instruction requirements and assembly best practices.
- Reports production challenges to the appropriate personnel.
- Visually inspects parts per work instructions and sets aside defective material. Contacts proper personnel for immediate review, or processes parts per non-conforming materials procedure.
- Tracks inventory, including performing cycle counts, and enters inventory transactions into the ERP system.
- Coordinates timely delivery of completed product to the shipping dock.
- Works with appropriate personnel to procure product labels for identification, serialization, and shipping.
- Supports requests for special tests and new product/design efforts received from Engineering. Provides feedback to other Technicians and Engineering personnel regarding updates to processes.
- Communicates with Supervisors, peers and co-workers via email, phone and face-to-face discussions in order to meet department goals and deadlines.
High school education or equivalent experience. 2-4 years of manufacturing experience. Related on-the-job experience or technical certificate.
Problem solving: the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
Communication skills: the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through verbal communication.
Visualization: the ability to imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged.
Reasoning skills: the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers.
Gathering information: has the ability to reach out to various functional areas in order to gather information and concisely communicate results.
Electrical testing. Ability to read and understand BOMS, work instructions and prints. Microsoft office suite.
Physical Requirements and Abilities:
Individuals must possess these knowledges, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
1. Physical requirement includes: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on
knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities
to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw,
drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position;
to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed (sitting or standing or a combination of both).
2. Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
3. Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
4. Ability to endure periods of heavy work load.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.