AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Receiver/Truck Driver/Material Handler
This position is a multidisciplinary role (receiver/truck driver/material handler), which requires a well-organized individual with strong attention to details, excellent client service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment. Day to day responsibilities include but are not limited to receiving incoming materials into Airmar in both buildings, distribute received materials, and transport materials between Airmar West and Airmar East using company vehicles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keeps accurate records of all materials received.
- Examines shipment contents and compares with packing slips to verify accuracy.
- Records damage or discrepancies in received order.
- Inspects shipments to verify correct items (quantity and code) are received in proper condition and reconciles to packing slips.
- Receive the materials using IFS receiving against the correct purchase order, transfer items that require inspection as needed. Deliver materials to appropriate departments or properly stored with all received materials.
- Cycle count EBW warehouse locations as identified by Supervisor.
- Maintains clean and orderly Warehouses.
- Fill bronze/stainless steel housings Kanban bins with appropriate parts to wash and place in washing staging area.
- Conducts daily safety and operational truck inspection against inspection log for any findings, reports findings (safety or other issues) to Supervisor.
- Operates company truck between Airmar East and West building to pick up and drop off inter-company material and designated drop off points.
- Load materials onto company truck for twice daily (or as needed) truck runs between buildings.
- Make truck runs twice a day or as needed between Airmar East and Airmar West.
- Distribute transported materials between buildings to the appropriate department.
- Repeat process for return to other building.
- Perform wash, rinse, priming and other operations on metal housings and similar materials using a degreaser machine, rinse tank, dryer, and priming chemicals.
- Fill Warehouse Transfer and distribute materials to the appropriate party or department.
- Distribute materials received each day to appropriate party or department.
- Work with QA assist with rework of materials as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School/G.E.D. or equivalent experience.
- Receiving: 2 to 4 years previous experience as a receiver.
- Material Handler: 2 to 4 years as a material handler.
BASIC SKILLS: Included but are not limited to reading and comprehension, basic math skills, excellent verbal and written communications skills, computer skills (navigation and email). Truck Driver: DOT Certification and physical, Fork lift/man lift certification.
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirement includes: Ability to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis, the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed (sitting or standing or a combination of both).
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as respirator, mask, gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.