AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
MOLDING TECHNICIAN I (2nd Shift 3:00 PM – 11:30 PM)
Under general supervision installs molds and sets machine parameters to supplied settings, makes process changes as required, follows production schedule, and maintains quality parts.
- While performing job requirements, observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tools, equipment, and chemicals.
- Start - up production and trouble shoot problems with molding parts.
- Configures and installs plastic injection molds with supplied settings according to schedule. Produces accurate number of molded parts, and inspects injection molded parts in accordance with inspection procedures.
- Responsible for proper storage of molds and maintains accurate documentations of same.
- Responsible for minor molding equipment repair.
- Able to disassemble and clean injection molds periodically.
- Manually removes gates from plastic parts as required.
- Completes appropriate paperwork.
- Maintains work area in clean and orderly condition.
- Moves material as necessary in performance of duties.
- Performs other related duties as may be required or directed.
- Able to interact positively as a team member with co-workers and supervision.
- High school education or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years of experience.
- Ability to use standard measuring devices, i.e. micrometers, verniers, calipers, comparators, CMM, thickness and depth gauges.
- Previous injection molding and injection mold setup experience required.
- Ability to read two-dimensional blueprints.
- Good math ability required.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals may possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- The ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward; use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, grab, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting/standing.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as gloves, safety glasses and/or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.
AIRMAR Technology Corporation is a world leader in the design and manufacture of sensing technology for marine and industrial applications. Established in Amherst, New Hampshire in 1982, the Company's product line has grown to include advanced ultrasonic transducers, flow sensors, WeatherStation® instruments, and electronic compasses used for a wide variety of applications including fishing, navigation, meteorology, survey, level measurement, process control, and proximity sensing. Airmar’s headquarters are located in Milford, New Hampshire, with distribution offices in Lake City, South Carolina; and Saint Malo, France. Airmar continues to expand our product lines and Technology Corp.